HOT TRADING STRATEGIES FOR A COLD MARKET
Daily Stock Market Equity and Options Trading Commentary

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Corning a Buy on Apple Verizon Marriage

I am getting long Corning (GLW) on the back of this deal. I believe demand for the Apple (AAPL) iPhone will pass even the most bullish estimates once it's selling on Verizon (VZ). Both Verizon and Apple have rallied greatly as well as Qualcomm (QCOM) in anticipation for this announcement, as this was a poorly kept secret.

This deal is also good for glass maker Corning Incorporated (GLW) which has been trapped in a tight range between 15-19 the last year. It looks as if the stock is finally trying to break out. I am long January 20 calls, as well as February 22 calls but I am looking longer term. I believe May 22/25 call spreads look very attractive at this point and plan on purchasing some for my portfolio on any weakness. For more information in how to trade these strategies check out my options ebook.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments:

Hottest Blog Posts of All Time