HOT TRADING STRATEGIES FOR A COLD MARKET
Daily Stock Market Equity and Options Trading Commentary

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Most Active Stock Options November 19, 2009 & Trading Activity

As of today the top ten most traded option contracts were:
  1. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) January 55 Call Options
  2. Johnson & Johnson January 50 Call Options
  3. Johnson & Johnson November 60 Call Options
  4. S&P 500 SPDR (SPY) November 110 Call Options
  5. S&P 500 SPDR November 109 Put Options
  6. PowerShares QQQ (QQQQ) November 43 Put Options
  7. S&P 500 SPDR November 110 Put Options
  8. S&P 500 SPDR November 111 Call Options
  9. S&P 500 Index Options (SPX) December 1050 Put Options
  10. S&P 500 Index Options November 1050 Call Options
I left my Suntech (STP) put options on the table as both contracts sold before earnings yesterday could have been closed for a nickel a share (the November 14 and 15 put options). I don't believe Suntech (STP) will trade below 15 tomorrow which is the reason I didn't close the position. I actually fetched $10 per contract on my shares of STP for the November 17 call options which could have also been closed for a nickel, but again I don't believe we will STP trade above 17 tomorrow, and if we do I am happy to exit the trade. I am still bullish on STP as I think we could see it approach 20-22 a share in the near term if we continue to see oil rise on the back of a weak dollar. I sold put options on Dell (DELL) for the November 15 strike, and as of now with a huge sell off after they reported, I am down on my position. However I believe we could see Dell close near 15 as it may "pin" to that price because that is where the bulk of the open interest is for the November contracts. Tomorrow I expect to see a very volatile day as it is options expiration, and I will be trading Google (GOOG), and Apple (AAPL) as I believe they are set to pin near 570 and 200 a share. Happy trading! Sphere: Related Content

0 comments:

Hottest Blog Posts of All Time