HOT TRADING STRATEGIES FOR A COLD MARKET
Daily Stock Market Equity and Options Trading Commentary

To get a better understanding of the option ideas expressed in this blog, buy my ebook today!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Most Active Stock Options October 14, 2009

Today the Dow crossed 10,000 as I assumed it had a very good chance of doing so in yesterday's afternoon blog post. The top ten most active stock option contracts traded today were:
  1. Citigroup (NYSE:C) October 5 Call Options
  2. Financial Select Sector SPDR (NYSE:XLF) November 16 Call Options
  3. Financial Select Sector SPDR October 16 Call Options
  4. Financial Select Sector SPDR October 15 Call Options
  5. PowerShares QQQ (NASDAQ:QQQQ) October 43 Call Options
  6. Citigroup November 5 Call Options
  7. S&P 500 SPDR (NYSE:SPY) October 110 Call Options
  8. S&P 500 SPDR October 108 Call Options
  9. Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) October 18 Call Options
  10. S&P 500 SPDR October 109 Call Options
It is very rare that all ten contracts I list are all call options. JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) certainly set the tone and must be many turned even more bullish on financials as they surged and strategists looked ahead to the November expiration. I didn't trade too much today. I closed my Intel 19 put options for a penny a share at open, and waited for Google to pull back a bit before I purchased several October 550 strike call options to sell on increased levels of implied volatility tomorrow before earnings. I would like to see Google trade higher tomorrow and cross the 540 strike. I would look to close at least 75% of my open call contracts and write the remaining out for either the 560 or 570 strike, hoping to be profitable overall before earnings are even released. I believe Google will have a very good quarter and they should move higher in anticipation. I also closed my Bank of America 18 strike put options which were opened yesterday for near the highs of the contract and closed at the contract low today (realizing 74% in one day). Sphere: Related Content

1 comments:

Online Broker Info said...

I think the options exchanges will be reporting some insane volumes due to the huge interest in calls on low-dollar financial stocks. Citigroup alone is probably driving huge numbers.

Remember when these lists were populated by tech stocks?

Hottest Blog Posts of All Time