HOT TRADING STRATEGIES FOR A COLD MARKET
Daily Stock Market Equity and Options Trading Commentary

Friday, November 28, 2008

Looking Ahead to Christmas...

Today is Black Friday and it seems things haven't changed too much in this horrible recession. I understand that everything is largely discounted but at least people are buying anything at all... Anyway with this market trading on its last day for November and a short day if that, I'll suggest a call I purchased today and I am confident will expire in the money making me some extra holiday spending money... Today I purchased 20 contracts of the Visa December 55 Call for $80 per contract. I am speculating that between now and Christmas Visa will give positive outlook that they have achieved record sales of their gift cards- that of which Visa gets a hefty $5.95 premium for a piece of plastic (almost pure profit for the firm), not to mention the transaction fees when someone uses the card. I assume Visa to give this outlook or for an analyst to say something along the lines of this. I purchased the rights to Visa for a premium of 80¢ a share, but I'll sell 3 quarters of my position at around $1.30 premium per share, giving me a profit and letting 5 contracts ride for free.


Bookmark and Share
Sphere: Related Content

0 comments:

Hottest Blog Posts of All Time